TTM Technologies Toronto Inc. is hiring for Night Shift Plating Production Associates. TTM Toronto continues to be an essential service manufacturing sector employer that provides a safe working environment with extensive COVID protocols in place.
This is a full time onsite night shift role, scheduled from Monday to Friday or Wednesday to Sunday (11:00 PM – 7:15 AM). This role includes approximately 1 month day shift (7:00AM-3:15PM) training with a hiring wage of $15.25 per hour (includes night shift premium).
A Plating Operator is actively involved in various processes within the plating department to include etching, stripping and oxidizing printed circuit board panels. Must maintain the work area in a safe environment while working with chemical processes and using high speed pressure equipment. Must meet or exceed output targets by understanding the product flow and handling procedures within the department. A Plating Operator will be exposed to hazardous waste while performing daily job duties. Operators will undergo Chemical Handling training prior to the start of performing these duties and will actively participate in ongoing hazardous waste and chemical handling training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate wet process equipment for PCB panel processing through functions which include manual copper plating, solder plating, silver immersion, gold immersion, electroless copper, electrolytic gold, outer layer etching, organic coating, and hot air level processing.
- Set and maintain chemical processing equipment within operational parameters
- Cautiously load racks in plating tanks while ensuring proper temperature/current of baths
- Read blueprints and traveler documents to produce and move products according to customer specifications and to verify that all previous operations were completed
- Follow work flow dispatch as required while making allowances for schedule changes in response to Hot Jobs and customer requirements
- Immediately report any and all quality issues with panels and chemical baths to supervisor and/or Process Engineers
- Assist Process Engineers in running chemical process evaluations
- Perform preventative maintenance on all chemical machines
- Use all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Complete all internal departmental documentation accurately
- Follow all safety measures when handling chemicals and hazardous waste with regard to use, mixing and disposing chemicals
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of process chemistry
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift 40lbs (18kg) without straining
- Ability to stand throughout entire shift
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in the Wet Process department or related chemical environment is an asset and preferable
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Please note due to Controlled Goods Program (CGP) requirements, all applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident in Canada.
Extensive pandemic protocols are in place at TTM Toronto to ensure the safety of everyone on site. The successful candidate must to adhere to all health and safety measures in place including temperature screening, personal protective equipment requirement (TTM provided mask and eye protection) and other protocols.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, TTM Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested applicants must apply directly through TTM Technologies website:
https://jobapply.page.link/R4iK or long link:
About Us: TTM Technologies Toronto Inc. is part of a leading global printed circuit board (PBC) manufacturer offering competitive health and dental benefits with RRSP options and quarterly incentive bonuses. Our business focuses on quick-turn volume production of technologically advanced PCBs, backplane assemblies and electro-mechanical solutions as well as a global designer and manufacturer of high-frequency radio frequency (RF) and microwave components and assemblies. TTM stand for time-to-market, representing how TTM’s time-critical, one stop manufacturing services enable customers to shorten the time required to develop new products and bring them to market.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.